Three Honor Books for Children and Young Adults were selected:
- “Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out,” by Susan Kuklin, photographed by Susan Kuklin.
- “I’ll give you the sun,” written by Jandy Nelson, published by Dial Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) LLC.
- “Morris Micklewhite and the Tangerine Dress,” written by Christine Baldacchio, pictures by Isabelle Malenfant, published by Groundwood Books / House of Anansi Press.
The Stonewall Book Awards – Barbara Gitting Literature Award was presented to “Prelude to Bruise” by Saeed Jones and published by Coffee House Press.
- “Frog Music” written by Emma Donoghue and published by Little, Brown and Company.
- “Bitter Eden” written by Tatamkhulu Afrika and published by Picador.
- “The Two Hotels Francforts” written by David Leavitt and published by Bloomsbury.
- “My Real Children” written by Jo Walton and published by Tor Books.
The Stonewall Book Awards – Israel Fishman Non-Fiction Award was presented to “Living Out Islam: Voices of Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Muslims” written by Scott Siraj al-Haqq Kugle and published by New York University Press.
- “Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love and So Much More” written by Janet Mock and published by Atria Books.
- “Gay Berlin: Birthplace of a Modern Identity” written by Robert Beachy and published by Knopf.
- “Hold Tight Gently: Michael Callen, Essex Hemphill, and the Battlefield of AIDS” written by Martin Duberman and published by The New Press.
- “Charity and Sylvia: A Same-Sex Marriage in Early America” written by Rachel Hope Cleves and published by Oxford University Press.